Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) are generated during food preparation. When water is used to clean kitchen, FOG is washed down the drain where it cools and separates. The separated FOG accumulates in and sometimes clogs drains, sewer pipes and collection systems, and wastewater treatment facilities. FOG clogs damage wastewater infrastructure, including home plumbing.
MSD’s FOG Management Policy requires Food Service Establishments to use grease traps and/or grease interceptors to prevent FOG clogs. These devices must be certified annually by an MSD approved Certified Grease Waste Hauler or Plumber.
- Fats, Oils and Grease Brochure-What you can do to prevent sewer backups caused by Fats, Oils and Grease.
- MSD Fats, Oils and Grease Management Policy-Document states standards, procedures and guidelines to regulate Food Service Establishment operations and FOG wastes pumped from Grease Control Equipment.
- MSD Fats, Oils and Grease Management Guidelines-Guidelines to ensure compliance with MSDs FOG Management Policy. Document provides guidance to prevent MSDs collection system of blockages, obstructions and overflows.
- MSD Design Specifications for Grease Control Equipment-Documentation on proper Grease Control Equipment sizing, proper components, installation location and construction materials at all Food Service Establishments.
- Certified Grease Waste Haulers Certification Form A-Grease Interceptor Certification Form A to be completed and submitted annually by a MSD Certified Hauler. Contact Kandyce.email@example.com for forms.
- Certified Grease Waste Haulers Certification Form B-Grease Trap Certification Form B to be completed and submitted annually by a MSD Certified Hauler. Contact Kandyce.firstname.lastname@example.org for forms.
- Grease Trap Exemption Form-Form to be completed and submitted to MSD if requesting an exemption from the requirement to install a Grease Trap. Contact Chris.email@example.com for forms.
- MSD Certified Grease Waste Hauler List- Food Service Establishments must only utilize the services of an MSD approved Certified Grease Waste Hauler to pump out and/or remove grease waste solids from Grease Control Equipment.