Celebrating over 35 years of Supplier Diversity, MSD’s Supplier Diversity Program, an MSD Board approved policy, has remained a top business practice and strategy. MSD encourages qualified minority and woman-owned businesses to compete for and participate in MSD work comprised of our core business areas – construction and construction-related services engineering and other professional services, and materials, commodities and services procurements.
As a top diversity leader, MSD steadfastly spends over 20% of all MSD procurement activities with certified Minority Business Enterprise and Woman Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) businesses respectively. At MSD, we strongly believe that the vitality of diversity works for our customers, our operations and our community.
- Procurements estimated at $500,000 and less are bid, starting at $30K.
- 10% bid discount assigned during price evaluation for eligible MBE/WBE that bid as prime
- As determined in the MSD Disparity Study, the MBE/WBE eligible groups are outlined below in Table 1.
Construction Subcontracting Goals – MBE and WBE Participation:
- 35.0% minimum construction subcontract goal for eligible MBE and WBE groups
- Contract value $150,000 and greater as determined by MSD
- Eligible MBE and WBE ethnic and gender groups, are outlined below in Table 2
Engineering and Other Professional Services Contracts:
- MBE/WBE aspirational participation goals remain the same for supplier diversity
- 15% MBE and 6% WBE subcontract goals
Become MBE and/or WBE Certified – by an MSD strategic partner organization
MSD will accept national, federal and/or local certifications from the following organizations and their regional affiliate offices for the purpose of supplier diversity inclusion of MBE and WBEs on our bids, RFQs, RFPS, PDBs, etc. All MBE and WBEs who participate in MSD subcontracts and other procurements must be certified and MSD recognized and approved before submitting a bid, quote and/or proposal and commencing work on an MSD subcontract.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- U.S. Small Business Administration 8(a) Program (U.S. SBA 8(a)) – only
- *Louisville Metro Government – Human Relations Commission (HRC)
*MSD accepts HRC MBE and WBE certification only.
*HRC must perform a desk review and conduct a site visit.
Find Certified MBE/WBE Businesses
There are two options for using the Supplier Diversity Search Engine – (1) Product Search or (2) Company Name.
First, to select a product or group of products enter Product Search Criteria: Enter a word or letters you expect the product(s) to contain and click the Go button. A list of all products which match the search criteria and have at least one certified provider will be displayed. The number of certified providers is shown in parentheses.
Display all Products: Click the Display All Products button. All products that have at least one certified provider will be displayed. The number of certified providers is shown in parentheses. (NOTE: Displaying this list may take 5-10 seconds - a message that the list is being generated will be displayed).
Click the desired product or select multiple products by holding the CTRL key while clicking the mouse on the product names (or click and drag over a contiguous area).
Select a Category Select a category, or multiple categories (CTRL/click or click and drag) or the option for All Categories.
Select a Certification Type. Select a certification type or the option for All Types.
Click the Submit button. When the Submit button is pressed, a list of all companies which match the specified criteria will be displayed. This list may be printed by selecting the browser Print option.
Second, enter Company Name to find a specific MBE/WBE firm, enter any part of their name and click the Go button.
To navigate the Supplier Diversity Search Engine, click on the link below.
Register for MSD Electronic Bid and RFP Notifications
For more information and/or to ask questions about Supplier Diversity
The Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD)
Supplier Diversity Office
700 West Liberty Street
Louisville, KY 40203