Small Local Business Local Enterprise (SBE Program)
Expanding Opportunities for Small Business
MSD Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
Small businesses form the backbone of our communities and our communities are better served when our small businesses thrive. MSD is steadfast in its long held commitment to creating equal opportunities for growth among our small business partners.
The SBE program allows local small businesses to bid on MSD construction projects valued between $30,000 and $149,999.99 with awards based on the lowest responsive and responsible bid. The program is a two-year pilot with a launch date of July 1, 2021. Businesses meeting each of the following criteria are eligible to participate:
- Must be an independent and continuing for-profit business enterprise
- Must have a Significant Local Business Presence within MSD service areas
- Must be in operation for a minimum of one year prior to applying for SBE Program registration, with a minimum of one year of gross revenues
- Annual gross revenue shall not exceed an average of $5 million over a three-year period
Additional criteria are detailed in the MSD SBE Program Manual.
- Race and gender neutrality
- Increased opportunities for small local businesses to work with MSD
- Development of new capacity and resources to compete for prime MSD contracts
- Increase competition in the contracting community
- Diversify the companies doing business with MSD
For more information, contact SupplierDiversity@LouisvilleMSD.org.
The SBE Program helps address findings of the MSD Disparity Study conducted by Mason Tillman Associates, Ltd. that reviewed the level of engagement among small business enterprises and business enterprises owned by minorities and women (M/WBE) on MSD contracts and assessed MSD procurement policies that govern contract awards. The program is designed to help elevate and grow small businesses, regardless of race or gender, through increasing opportunities and providing additional resources to compete for prime MSD contracts.
Use this flyer to spread the news.