The Dental Amalgam rule is designed to reduce the amount of toxic metals entering the sanitary sewer system. MSD requires all dental facilities that discharge into the sanitary sewer system to complete a one-time compliance report for dental dischargers.
- Dental Amalgam Program Compliance Report – Please fill out the report and submit to MSD. Directions to complete the report are provided in the MSD Request for EPA Compliance Report Letter dated February 1, 2020. Important Note: All documents must be signed and dated before being submitted to MSD.
- MSD Request for EPA Compliance Report Letter dated February 1, 2020 – Review directions provided in the letter to complete the Dental Amalgam Compliance Report.
- MSD Dental Amalgam Program Flyer – A quick overview of the Dental Amalgam Program
- American Dental Association (ADA) Best Management Practices for Amalgam Waste Brochure – Best Management Practices for Dental Amalgam Waste provided by the ADA
- American Dental Association Best Management Practices for Amalgam Waste Document – A comprehensive document pertaining to ADA recommended best management practices for amalgam waste.
- EPA Fact Sheet: Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Dental Offices – Provides a summary and background of Dental Amalgam Rule for Dental Offices
- An Overview of the EPA Dental Amalgam Separator Regulations – Simplified version of pertinent information provided in 40 CFR parts 403 and 441
- EPA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Control Authorities on the Dental Rule (40 CFR Part 441) – Provides an overview of FAQ regarding the Dental Rule
- Dental Amalgam Fact Sheet – Simplifying Compliance a document from the Kentucky Division of Compliance Assistance and Division of Waste Management